Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Should I Return? and the Boot Camp of Motherhood.

I think I might starting writing here again. It has been a while. Like a long while. I just stopped for no particular reason. Actually, it might have been because the weather got nice last spring and I finally got to be out and then I never returned when the weather kept me in again. Ironically, the weather is once again nice and we spend our days outside and now is when I may start writing again!

I was reading some of my old posts and it was encouraging to see what I came up with last year. Of course, last year was an epoch of change for me, so I hardly recognize myself any more. The year before that was a blur, and this year is shaping up to be a continuation of last year! Ah well. I suppose we shouldn't stay the same, right? God is always changing and shaping us. It would be bad if He weren't!  It has all hit since motherhood though...does that have anything to do with it? I think motherhood is a boot camp of sanctification. Yup. That is what it is.

I currently have a quickly growing 29 week baby girl in my belly and a 2.5 year old who is extremely verbal, smart, willful, and, ahem, disobedient. Yes, very disobedient. I've tried the ticket system, time-outs, lost privileges, pointless lecturing, and even resorted to spankings lately, all to very little avail. By the end of the day, in spite of the lovely weather and a fair amount of emotional stability on my part (a rarity since motherhood), I was completely running on empty by noon and therefore ran on negative for the rest of the afternoon. My poor hungry husband came home to NO dinner and a wife who could only say "take her and DO something with her! I need a break. There is no dinner, I couldn't manage it", while looking very pathetically selfish. Dear man at a leftover enchilada and offered to make omelets and took the kiddo outside with the dogs and let me have a few moments of peace after which I mustered up some frozen fish sticks and the salad that I fortunately made yesterday. How on earth does he put up with me?

Well, that is that. I shall perhaps return to my inspired blogging on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment